Saturday, July 28, 2018

Old What’s Her Name. By Scott Thomas Outlar




I was writing a poem
on the front porch
this afternoon

and started clicking
my pen neurotically
for the first time
in decades

like a man
who has been drinking
too much
for long months
with shot nerves
on the brink of oblivion

and I suddenly remembered
a moment
back in elementary school
when a girl
across the desk
paid me five dollars
to stop doing such a thing
because it was
about to drive her
insane

but I refused to cease
my utter annoyance
until a proper transaction
first changed hands

The money was good
at that age
for a kid

but I’m not sure
if it was worth it
in the end
because women and karma
have pretty much
doubled down
on the payback

by now




Scott Thomas Outlar hosts the site17Numa.com where links to all his published work can be found. He spends the hours flowing and fluxing with the ever-changing currents of the Tao River while contemplating the existential nature of life. Well, that coupled with time spent consuming wine and YouTube videos. They all blend together in the modern age.

                           Selah,
                Scott Thomas Outlar

2 comments:

  1. That's a great write Scott, as if we expect anything less... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know another Scott who writes like Shit I won't say his name though (Scott Simmons) so I'll type it instead. You look beautiful as always Sir Russel Brand.

    ReplyDelete

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...