Saturday, September 1, 2018

Closing Argument. by Matt Amott



We spent the last
dozen Saturdays
having lunch 
at a window sill table,
watching all the characters
stroll through the Quarter.


Today though,
she laid it out.
Talking about 
career goals,
maturity
and different directions
we were heading.
I don't even realize 
we were breaking up.

She wasn't all wrong,
most of what she said 
could've been true.
She was smart,
pre-law at Tulane,
so she might've had a case
but I thought it was 
politely vicious to 
a make her argument

after I already paid 
the check.






Matt Amott is a poet, musician and photographer who wanders around the Pacific Northwest. He is co-founder and co-editor of Six Ft. Swells Poetry Press and has been published in numerous collections as well as two books of his own, THE COAST IS CLEAR (Six Ft. Swells Press) and GET WELL SOON (Epic Rites Press).  He can be reached and purchases made at afterhourspoetry.com.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt you are the best Calvin Klein hand model that I have ever seen and this write reflects that point very clearly overall I give your write 60 used Trojans out of 10. Sir Matt please keep up the work I'll be seeing you soon at American Idol.

    ReplyDelete

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...