Thursday, May 30, 2019

Almost by Daniel W. Wright


I get sick of people talking about ALMOST
as though ALMOST is some kind of victory
"I almost asked them out."
"I almost got that promotion."
"I almost went to that show."

Oh yeah?

Well, I almost just scratched my balls
a few minutes ago
but I didn't
and they still itch





A poet of the no collar work force, Daniel W. Wright is a mid-western son who loves and loathes the red brick town that surrounds him. A longtime writer of wild nights and whiskey tributes, Wright speaks for the lover in every loner. He is currently the author of five chapbooks of poetry, the most recent being The Death of the Ladies Man with Bad Jacket Press. His work has appeared in the Gasconade Review as well as underground zines Bad Jacket and Crappy Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...