Saturday, May 25, 2019

Midwest Bloodbath. By Rathnar Kilbane

                

As I sit by the fire of poets burning and breath in the smells of skinny jeans and chapbooks .
I think of my wives back in Iceland .

Olga , Ursula, Oksana and Margo.

How I thank the Lord of death and happy endings for the peace of mind distance gives .
Although the food in these savage lands cannot match Olga's stuffed wolf surprise.

I have slaughtered many poets on my tour and written a new collection from the blood of my victims I will title.

Rainbows Need Butterflies As Trolls Need Flesh Of The Dwarfs .

I have hunted these lands .
Seeking the evil troll but apparently overlooked her I would ask a female poet but the last one I ravished I fed to my hounds .

And as they sing songs of my great conquest I yearn for drink and more violence.

As I seek a publishing deal for my newest collection.

Why they all these publishers scream like women and run at just the mention of my appearance I cannot say .

Course maybe if I quit killing so many people along the way they would lighten up .

These strange people I cannot fully understand .

But I have killed many and the children now applaud my arrival and the recent drunkards in some nameless tavern.
Applauded me for killing those poets who were destroying there buzz.

With there ramblings and pissing and moaning over their feelings .

But my journey is far from over as I hunt the bitch dwarf of total insignificance.

Across these lands .

A reporter stopped me as my armies marched through the Midwest.

"Rathnar you just slaughtered another group of poets at yet another open mic , where are you heading next ."

I looked to the sheepish male holding his microphone and replied .

"To hell my friend but I might also stop off at Disneyland to conquer that rat Mickey Mouse's kingdom and ravish Daisy Duck."


Killing is simply part of the poets lifestyle to me.

Conquer you later .

Rathnar .







Rathnar Kilbane 

Is the poet laureate of Iceland he has conquered many savage lands and open mics.
When not pillaging he enjoys watching musicals and snuggling under covers on a cold night in Iceland. 

He is currently seeking a publisher for his new collection and promises not to kill anyone that rejects him anymore that is .




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...