Saturday, August 10, 2019

Who's Afraid . By John Patrick Robbins


He always spoke in riddles and largely wrote like shit.
Many like minded halfwits blew smoke up his ass and laughed behind his back.

He wrote me often I paid little to know attention.
He was more a puppy than a savage monster.

I gave him a break and he bit the hand that fed.


He still didn't have the balls to say shit to my face.

We spoke one evening at the the bar between drinks.

He was a puppet in a crowd of fools.

I published him out of pity never respect.
And my kindness truly bit me in the ass.

I threw a stick in front of a oncoming semi.

A fool often doesn't see the end coming.

He was squashed like a grape and I continued to drink like a fish.

Score one for the so called bad guy.

Sometimes a rejection is far from your worst problem.




             
John Patrick Robbins

Is the editor and chief warlord of the Frat .
He enjoys binge drinking constant work and being driven insane by fellow writers .

He also worships the devil and runs the legion of doom.

His publications include .

The Yellow Pages , Ariel Chart , Hustler Magazine, Guns And Ammo , The Serial Killer Qurterly , Ladies Home Journal, The Rye Whiskey Review.

His work is always unfiltered

1 comment:

  1. Since we are related, you know I Love A Good POEM WITH A HAPPY ENDING....AND SON.....YOU NAILED IT....BOOYA! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...