Thursday, August 16, 2018

Presentable. by Ryan Quinn Flanagan



She says I have to look presentable
if I want a job.

I do not want a job, I need one.
There is a big difference.

I walk over to a nearest rack
and hold something frilly up to
my chest.

She laughs
and says that is the Women’s
section.

Women often seem the most presentable to me,
but I put it back to avoid any argument.

Then I walk over to another section
grab a new one off the rack
and hold it up.

That’s a Poncho, you would really
walk into a job interview in that?

I hold it out
look at it for some moments
then put it back.

How about these?

That’s a pack of underwear,
you are not even trying.

It’s Men’s,
look it says it right here
on the package.

She turns away
and starts flipping through racks
with a strange bionic efficiency
that no man can ever understand.

Shirts first, then pants.
When she has a large enough pile draped
over her arm
we head to the change rooms.

She has already swatted off two different
sales ladies like flies that were buzzing around.

Now she makes me come out with each new outfit
and eyes me.

Scrunching up her nose
and nodding “no” many times.

When I am in the change room,
she keeps coming back
with more.

This goes on for much longer than I have ever participated in sex.
Before she tells me she doesn’t like their selection,
and that she know this other place with better
prices, and that perhaps we can try
that place tomorrow.

I put my clothes back on
and walk out of the
store.

Telling her I really liked that Poncho
when I didn’t.




Ryan Quinn Flanagan is a male gigolo for hire.  Presently residing along the sunny shores of Guantanamo Bay, Cuba where he spends his days drinking discount Tequila and accusing chemtrails of being "sky farts."  His work can be found both in print and online in such joints as: The Rye Whiskey Review, The Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry Network, Horror Sleaze Trash, and Under The Bleachers.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan how much for your Gigolo services? I need a strong male companion for a friend of a friend whom lives in my room and wears my clothes. This write is one beer at an alcoholics anonymous meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scott, services are cheaper these days, a market crash is coming and I figure I have to charge accordingly. So let your friend know ;)

    ReplyDelete

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...