Sunday, October 21, 2018

Angry and Unpredictable. by Ian Copestick

My God !
There is nothing as angry
And unpredictable as a woman.
I am now sitting downstairs
Listening to music
To get away
From the constant criticism
And character assassination
Of my wife. Tonight
I accidentally bought
Stale bread for our
Evening meal.
That was two hours ago
And she still has not stopped
I've heard all about 
All of my deficiencies
And disasters
Dating back over the
Fifteen years we've been
Together
I'm left in no doubt
What a useless piece of
Shit I am.
Hence, I sit down
Here in the dark.
Headphones on
With a drink at my
Side. Listening to music
That doesn't berate me, or
Belittle me.
Thank a God for
Music and books.

They know nothing about me.



Ian Lewis Copestick is a 46 year old writer ( I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror, Sleaze, Trash.

1 comment:

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...