Friday, January 18, 2019

A Cold One. by Gwil James Thomas



Could you bring me a cold one 
if you’re going past the fridge? 

Because, the needle just fell and 
Son House has sounded, 
the painkillers have run out 
and my arm’s still fucked from 
that night with my best friend 
and the motorbike.

Since, after all these years of not 
learning from my mistakes, 
I think that I might as well 
just celebrate them now
and I know that I’m no role model, 
but also that we’re all  
name calling in the madhouse 
when you truly think about it. 

As, we’re only here for a moment 
and sometimes just stopping 
to take in the beauty amongst 
all the moving masses can 
get a little too much. 

But above all else - 
could you bring me a cold one, 
because 

this can’s almost empty!




“Gwil James Thomas is a poet, novelist and inept musician originally from Bristol, England. His work can be found largely in print and occasionally online in places such as 3AM Magazine, Punk Lit Press, The Beautiful Space and The Dope Fiend Daily. His most recent poetry chapbook is titled Romance, Renegades & Riots (Analog Submission Press) a split with the poet John D Robinson. He lives in Northern Spain.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...