Saturday, May 18, 2019

For a Most Rude Lady from Ancestry.com by Ryan Quinn Flanagan


She said she always wanted to know where she came from.
That was why she signed up.
When the results came back she was surprised to find
that such a large part of her family was French.
She had contacted me because she thought we may
be distant relations.

And I told her I had also signed up even though I hadn’t
because I wanted us to have something to talk about.
Long distance charges are not cheap and she seemed so excited
that when she asked me about my results
I told her they came back 38% Martian
and a majority undecided.

And she got quite angry with me.
Hung up like they used to do back in my
telemarketing cold call
days.

All because I wanted to belong.
I guess that’s the 38% Martian in me.





 Ryan Quinn Flanagan is a male gigolo for hire.  Presently residing along the sunny shores of Guantanamo Bay, Cuba where he spends his days drinking discount Tequila and accusing chemtrails of being "sky farts."  His work can be found both in print and online in such joints as: The Rye Whiskey Review, The Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry Network, Horror Sleaze Trash, and Under The Bleachers.

1 comment:

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...