Saturday, May 4, 2019

Johnny Cash by Bruce Hodder


The bloke down the hall has a Johnny Cash fetish.
He plays the Sun records with religious devotion,
windows thrown open, volume cranked to the top,
drowning out mowers and my washing machine.
You might have bought into this Cash thing as well,
that he's cool, but try hearing him day after day.
Even 'I Walk The Line' makes me headbutt the walls.
For five years my neighbour played one Elvis record,
and now this. It's more than my poor mind can bear.
Since he's pissed all the time, perhaps the bastard will fall
in a ring of fire sometime before summer's over.
If he doesn't, I might have to push him.






Bruce Hodder lives with Michelle in Northampton, the most statistically average town in England. He has been published in quite a few magazines over the years, most recently ‘Academy of Heart and mind’ and ‘Winedrunk Sidewalk’.



1 comment:

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...