Thursday, August 23, 2018

CALLING THE 1% by Jay Passer



what about
a poet laureate for
every Major League
baseball team

a painter for the NFL
a sculptor for the NHL
a photographer for the NBA
a filmmaker for FIFA

you could switch it up
every season
spread the wealth
support the arts

and worst of all
it'd be a tax write-off
for the piece of shit

owners.



Jay Passer's work has appeared in print and online since 1988. He is the author of several chapbooks and has appeared in a bunch of anthologies. His latest collection, they lied to me when they said everything would be alright, from Pski's Porch, is available at Amazon. Passer lives and works in San Francisco, the city of his birth.

1 comment:

  1. I have about one percent intelligence and there are too many words in this write for me to understand although I still will give it 20 blowjobs out of 4.5.

    ReplyDelete

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...