Friday, August 24, 2018

Put An Apple On My Head First. by J.J. Campbell



the ghost of
burroughs
comes to me
some nights
and just laughs

i'd actually like
him to be the
one to cook up
my first shot

he always wants
me to put an apple
on my head first

I remember how
that story is going
to end each and

every time





J.J. Campbell (1976 - soon) is old enough to know where the bodies are buried. He's been widely published over the years, most recently at Fourth and Sycamore, Pyrokinection, Dodging the Rain, Midnight Lane Boutique and Rusty Truck. His most recent chapbook, the taste of blood on christmas morning, was recently published by Analog Submission Press. You can find him most days waxing poetic on his mildly entertaining blog, evil delights. (http://evildelights.blogspot.com)

1 comment:

  1. Sir J.J Campbell you can shoot an apple that is tapped directly on my forehead if you wish for I like it when a variety of warm hand loads are shot at my face. Overall I give this write 6 money shots out of 3.

    ReplyDelete

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...