Saturday, June 22, 2019

Flea Market. by Ryan Quinn Flanagan



She opens her legs
and I walk into a sprawling flea market
of vendors and kiosks and collusion
watches with fake snakeskin bands
discount clothing racks
the burned spoils of modern piracy,
an Indian man catches my eye
and tries to interest me in a wood carving
that looks like something you might wake up
in bed with on a head full of acid
$4, he says, holding four fingers up in the air
to make his point
I shake my head no and walk into the backside
of this humongous hobbling woman
who is so well insulated that she does not
even feel the intrusion,
and there are fortune tellers as well
and a place where you can buy bars of fudge
and a couple kids buying fake ids
that wouldn’t even work on the blind;
it is discount pandemonium, the tin roof
ready to fall in at any moment,
and those eye rings so your fingers can stare
back at you, I decide to leave,
a voice behind me as she closes her legs:
“Please come again”




Ryan Quinn Flanagan is a male gigolo for hire.  Presently residing along the sunny shores of Guantanamo Bay, Cuba where he spends his days drinking discount Tequila and accusing chemtrails of being "sky farts."  His work can be found both in print and online in such joints as: The Rye Whiskey Review, The Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry Network, Horror Sleaze Trash, and Under The Bleachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...