Saturday, October 19, 2019

My Liver is a Spotted Hyena by Ryan Quinn Flanagan

My liver is a spotted hyena.
I hear it laughing at me at night.
A sickly spotted hyena.
Flesh torn away and necrotic.
That rabid smell of Death.
The eyes sunken back into the skull.
The jaw slung low and panting.
Everything meaty and fly-ridden.
Maggots falling out of the wounds.
But still it laughs.
Because it is both a hyena
and my liver.
I crack a fresh bottle
turn up the music
and smile a little
myself.





Ryan Quinn Flanagan is a male gigolo for hire.  Presently residing along the sunny shores of Guantanamo Bay, Cuba where he spends his days drinking discount Tequila and accusing chemtrails of being "sky farts."  His work can be found both in print and online in such joints as: The Rye Whiskey Review, The Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry Network, Horror Sleaze Trash, and Under The Bleachers.




1 comment:

  1. Don't know why but this made me sad, maybe because you're my friend.... But your Liver....??....I wouldn't trust it.
    TWO THUMBS Up, BFF 😉

    ReplyDelete

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...