Friday, November 2, 2018

True Story. by Matt Amott


Everything turns up 
a notch
when we both arrive 
in the same city.
Marrow eaters,
sucking the life
until the keg is tapped 
and the band goes home.

Recklessly storming the streets,
He clears a path
through the heathens 
of Saturday night
and I linger 
a few feet behind
watching 
the mad one burn. 
Like Kerouac,
I am Sal 
to his Moriarty.
Reporting the antics
to the masses,
A drink in my one hand 
and camera in the other
because mere words
won't do.
There has to proof
of all these events 
or I will be labeled

a writer of fiction.





Matt Amott is a poet, musician and photographer who wanders around the Pacific Northwest. He is co-founder and co-editor of Six Ft. Swells Poetry Press and has been published in numerous collections as well as two books of his own, THE COAST IS CLEAR (Six Ft. Swells Press) and GET WELL SOON (Epic Rites Press).  He can be reached and purchases made at afterhourspoetry.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...