Saturday, January 12, 2019

Winter Colds by Ian Copestick


Aren't winter Colds a pain in
The arse ? I keep waking myself  through the night, because I have to cough. A horrible, chesty, sputum spouting cough. My nose is blocked, my
Throat feels like I've been
Gargling with razor blades, and
To quote from one of my
Favourite films " My head feels
Like it's been shat in by a pig"
Taking paracetamol is like trying to
Solve world hunger with a
Big Mac.
In short, I feel fucking awful, and
There's HOW many months of
Winter left ?








Ian Lewis Copestick is a 46 year old writer ( I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror, Sleaze, Trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...