Saturday, February 9, 2019

The Early Hours by John D Robinson


I was lying , drunk and stoned
on the lounge floor of a friend’s
apartment: I could hear moans and
whimpers and groans of sex
coming from the bedroom:
I was suddenly seized by these
deep, vicious, loud bastard
hiccups that echoed throughout
the building: I held my breath
but this only seemed to antagonise
the situation and the hiccups
grew more aggressive, frequent
and louder:
the noises in the bedroom began
to quieten down and then without
warning, gas surged through my
being and released itself in a
ferocious and thundering fart,
nearly lifting me off the god-dam
floor, scaring the hell out of
me and ridding me of the
hiccups:
‘I can’t stay here with the
fucking noises that creep’s
making next door!’
I heard a woman’s voice cry,
a couple of minutes later I
heard the clacking of shoes,
the front door open and slam
closed:
I heard laughter and the
light was switched on:
‘Fuck man, that was a fucking
noisy performance  you
gave’ he said looking
bemused and grinning and
holding a couple of chilled
bottles of beer:
‘I’m sorry’ I offered, taking
a beer, ‘I hope I didn’t
interfere with your
performance’ I said grinning:
he started laughing, sat down
beside me and embraced me
as his fucked- up friend:








John D Robinson is a UK poet: hundreds of his poems have appeared in small press zines and online literary journals His published solo chapbooks are

‘Cowboy Hats & Railways’ (Scars Press 2016)   scars.tv/

‘When You Hear The Bell, There’s Nowhere To Hide’ (Holy&intoxicated Publications 2016   sold out)

‘An Outlaw In The Making’  (Scars Publications 2017)

‘Hitting Home’  (Iron Lung Press 2018  2nd edition)   ironlungpress.bigcartel.com/about-iron–lung–press

‘In Pursuit Of  Shadows’  (Analog Submission Press 2018  sold out)  www.analogsubmission.com

‘Echoes Of Diablo’  (Concrete Meat Press 2018)  adrianmanning.wixsite.com/concretemeatpress

Too Many Drinks Ago’  (Paper & Ink Zine Publications) http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PaperAndInkZine


‎ ‘Hang In There’      (Uncollected Press  2019    USA)  therawartreview.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...