Saturday, March 23, 2019

Catching Feelings by David Boski


Just five years earlier 
she cheated on me
and now we were
fucking again.
I could tell she was
catching feelings 
and now she wanted to 
talk about “us” as we
sat there post appetizer
waiting for the entrées
to arrive.
“so, what is this then 
David?” she asked.
“I don’t know Caitlin,
sometimes a hole’s just
a hole” I replied sarcastically,
knowing damn well there 
was truth involved.
she looked at me and tried
her best to fight back the tears
before they slowly made an 
appearance on her flushed face.
“I’m just joking, shhh, it’s ok
it’s a joke, don’t cry, I’m sorry”
I said, trying to calm her down,
hoping that nobody noticed 
I had just made her cry.
she let me have all her holes
this time around; but we never 
did have another dinner.






David Boski lives in Toronto. His poems have most recently appeared in: Down in the Dirt: Synchronized Chaos: Rusty Truck: Zombie Logic Review: Winamop: Beatnik Cowboy: he has a forthcoming chapbook being released by Analog Submission Press later this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...