Sunday, April 14, 2019

Dumb by Osmosis by John Doyle



Now, we both know your boy isn't going to quieten down unless you take more drastic action,
so stop saying hush, and so insipidly,
I guessed by the 49th to-curling time it wasn't working and so should you.
You wear a Broncos jersey, but I know you really aren't that dumb -
and your boy, how old now? 5, 6? is probably ready to depart that pram,
and move on up to solids -
though he's got a Broncos jersey on too,
maybe you really are a little dumb,
it shouldn't have taken me 49 attempts to get that -
maybe I'm the one who's a little dumb,
dumb by fucking osmosis, though, it seems




John Doyle became a Mod again in the summer of 2017 to fight off his impending mid-life crisis; whether this has been a success remains to be seen. He has has two collections published to date, A Stirring at Dusk in 2017, and Songs for Boys Called Wendell Gomez in 2018, both on PSKI's Porch.

He is based in Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland. All he asks is that you leave your guns at the door and tie up your horses before your enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...