Saturday, May 25, 2019

Body Positive Mauritius. by Ryan Quinn Flanagan



A scrape on the wall
and I find a matcher
on my skin

the tuning fork is really
sucking all the hot air out of wrinkly
balloons these days

making body positive Mauritius
overthrow its government
again

troops deployed in the streets
like burping pylons

women screaming
because there is nothing
else to do

the goats have all the milk
and the motorcycles hoard
all the petrol…

I was thinking of making a sex tape
next Spring and sending it out to the
Canada Council for the Arts folks
for funding  
   
even though I am a straight white male
which never bodes well.




Ryan Quinn Flanagan is a male gigolo for hire.  Presently residing along the sunny shores of Guantanamo Bay, Cuba where he spends his days drinking discount Tequila and accusing chemtrails of being "sky farts."  His work can be found both in print and online in such joints as: The Rye Whiskey Review, The Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry Network, Horror Sleaze Trash, and Under The Bleachers.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness Ryan Quinn Flanagan you just let your Creative Juices flow with this one now didn't you? Being the dirty minded old lady that I am the 😈 part about making a sex tape got my attention , thanks for being you and the reason I enjoy poetry now.

    ReplyDelete

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...