Saturday, May 25, 2019

Sick by Bruce Hodder


Opening my door
this morning, dreaming
of a big win
on the lottery tonight,
I put my foot
into a pile of sick
left by late-night drinkers
on the street
outside my house.
That’s three quid’s worth
of sandals ruined.
The gangster boys
in baseball caps
from the Northampton
slums of L.A.
say “Ahh, bro!”
and slap each other,
laughing.  I glare,
but what can I do?
I’m a grey old man
with bad knees
and puke stains
on my sandals.







Bruce Hodder lives with Michelle in Northampton, the most statistically average town in England. He has been published in quite a few magazines over the years, most recently ‘Academy of Heart and mind’ and ‘Winedrunk Sidewalk’.





1 comment:

  1. I know it's a fantasy write. Bet you found that dude & kicked his butt. Cause,GRAY HAIR GUYS RULE !

    ReplyDelete

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...