Monday, August 5, 2019

POETRY SUBMISSION COVER LETTER AFTER READING 100 STRAIGHT LITERARY JOURNAL GUIDELINES GIVING PREFERENCE TO DIVERSE VOICES by John Tustin

To the Cisgender Poetry Editor, The Deflated Flapjack,
I’m a non-binary biracial hermaphrodite unicorn who identifies as the third car of the Number 7 Train that runs from Flushing, Queens to Times Square Manhattan after midnight on weekends. I am in a polyamorous non-traditional relationship with a demisexual mermaid descended from Zulu royalty and a Mestizo kitchen table.
My greatest claim to fame besides my dual degrees in Gender Fluid Studies and Navajo Folk Dancing is that three letters and an area code are under consideration to be added to LGBTQQIP2SAA because of me!
Oh, I almost forgot - I am sending 3 poems for your consideration: Dead Candles, Leaky Pipes and The Beer Cans Keep Piling Up.

Thank you again for your consideration,
Mx. John Tustin





John Tustin is tired of trying to write third person bios. fritzware.com/johntustinpoetry contains links to his published poetry online.



1 comment:

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...