Thursday, January 2, 2020

LOOKS LIKE A COLD DAMP DAY. By Bryn Fortey


it looks a cold damp day outside
and Newport County have
scraped a 1 – 1 draw
which might be better than losing
but does extend the miserable
winless sequence that currently
has them by the throat
same old problems for a New Year

it looks like a cold damp day
to start off 2020 
but I’m old enough now
to let others do the shopping
while I write poems
and check out Facebook

it might be a cold damp day
but it’s another New Year 
I can tick off
another to add to a long list
that is longer now
than I ever expected 

one of these cold damp days
I will tick off a New Year
that will be my End Of The Line
to quote a Travelling Wilburys title
which will be okay
we all have one New Year 
that will be our last







Bryn Fortey is a veteran writer from Wales in the UK. Widely published
over the years, he has had two collections published by The Alchemy 
Press, both featuring a mix of short stories and poetry. He is grateful that
in old age he is still able to put pen to paper and finger to keyboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...