Thursday, January 23, 2020

Love in Space. By Vicki Iorio



I’m cockpitting with my boyfriend, the Dummy,
or test pilot, to be PC. We are rocking the 
galaxies in Elan Musk’s Tesla.

Every time we orbit earth I say 
Hi Mom or Let’s Go Mets, depending
on the season.

I smuggled in extra batteries
so we can keep the Bowie going a little longer,
I don’t even have to go to the bathroom up here.

Starman and I want to settle down
on planet Zillow that welcomes our kind.
Instead of looking up at God

we will tell our little space cadets to look down
on earth. We thank our lucky stars
that we have risen.




Vicki Iorio is the author of Poems from the Dirty Couch, Local Gems Press and the chapbooks Send Me a Letter, dancinggirlpress and Something Fishy, Finishing Line Press. Her poetry has appeared in numerous print and on-line journals including The Painted Bride Quarterly, Rattle, poets respond on line, The Fem Lit Magazine, and The American Journal of Poetry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...