Saturday, February 1, 2020

Gaming At A Friend's. By Alyssa Trivett


When it comes down to it,
I'm truly only good at
lottery scratching for the
winning number of 7 and
settling for a stern 6 in the boxes,
but my Nintendo controller and
arcade drone tendencies from '93
suddenly show up at the door
and sink back in, finally.
My character trots and
plays charades in the form of
my shaky espresso hands
trying to find my You Are Here
on the screen.
I huff and puff from running amuck.
I've got guitar player blisters
on my fingers
from joystick bliss and
my fading red target
might as well be
lost in a difficulty level of expert
but my high score mistakingly
ran up as a thermometer
under hot water and the
enjoyment aspect was
far greater than I imagined,
last evening.





Alyssa Trivett is a wandering soul from the Midwest. When not working two jobs, she chirps down coffee while scrawling lines. Her work has appeared in many places, but most recently at Ex Ex Lit, and Duane's PoeTree site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...