Thursday, March 12, 2020

Attention Whore by Frank Murphy

                    
"Sweetheart it's not that you're a great writer that gets you in every place under the sun."

"It's that men no matter their title are still men just the same."

She paused upon this deep moment of thought.

Looked too me and asked.

"But what about you? You believed in me didn't you?"


"I believed I could get in your pants and also exploit a bunch of horny writers. So yeah I believed in something alright."

"Wow you act like I'm just some talentless whore, you asshole!"

She responded.


I lit a cigarette.

"Sweetheart I would never call you a talentless whore, in fact I consider you a very talented one especially after last night's performance."


"Hey fuck you! Your such a worthless bastard!"


Victoria said as she gathered her clothes in yet another fit.

She stormed out and as she slammed the door, there was the one thing that Frank enjoyed the most in her departure.

Total peace and quiet.

Victoria was a perfect storm, hot tempered and a fine illusion and an occasional escape.

Frank was a prick, but he never tried to portray himself any other way.

Honesty was good and silence was better.
She was gone for the moment but much like herpes she would return.

It was far from love but it wasn't all that bad either.

Sex, Drugs & Poetry wasn't all it was cracked up to be course at times if you ignored the annoying ass husbands and death threats.
It almost seemed like paradise. 

With a occasional dose of the clap.





Is a North Carolina based writer who lives in
Kill Devil Hills on the Outer Banks.
He is also the editor of the Black Shamrock Magazine.

Frank drinks too much and spends his days chasing skirts and cursing his old mutt boozer.

He lives alone and will die alone.
His next book will be published by Syndicate Press.

The Devil Is My Co Editor will be out whenever the hell he finishes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...