Monday, April 26, 2021

Shazbot Bloody Shazbot by John Doyle

I couldn't be more certain if I tried, 
that you are an apple,
that I am a gnat,
not a gnat called Natalie,
that was Jack.
And I am a high-rise Judas Christ, you are Jesus Iscariot
parking in a blind man's spot, a blind man
who stole a walking stick from a cripple,
there's no thieves left with all this honour,
honour died in that train-wreck in 1895.
You were once the petroleum queen of Pepsi town
the one time I could take nothing from you,
North-West somewhere, I was downstairs and drunk,
congratulations girl, I said, and hiccupped, leaving for the station




 John Doyle became a Mod again in the summer of 2017 to fight off his impending mid-life crisis; whether this has been a success remains to be seen. He has has two collections published to date, A Stirring at Dusk in 2017, and Songs for Boys Called Wendell Gomez in 2018, both on PSKI's Porch.

He is based in Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland. All he asks is that you leave your guns at the door and tie up your horses before your enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...