Monday, June 7, 2021

How the Fuck by Jason Melvin

(upon finding a banana, where once was towel)

am I supposed to dry off with a banana?
I can take a joke, I can
but this has grown tiresome
It’s the price I pay, I guess
Having shitty friends is better
then having none at all, right?
This isn’t high school, we’re supposedly adults
I did my own laundry this morning
I miss home
Hiding all my shoes was funny
until I went to class barefoot
in the rain
Maybe Ramen noodles under your bedsheets
maybe that was too far, but I was pissed
but I’m done, you win
Standing here shivering with my dick in my hand
I can hear you in the hallway giggling
JUST BRING ME MY FUCKING TOWEL!

and I’m eating this fucking banana. 




Jason Melvin received a gimmicky T-shirt from his teenage daughter on Christmas with a picture of one large fist fist-bumping a much smaller fist.  The caption read, “Behind every smart-ass daughter is a truly asshole Dad”.  It fit.

His work has recently appeared in The Beatnik Cowboy, The Raw Art Review, Rat’s Ass Review, The Electric Rail, Front Porch Review, Shambles, Spillover and Last Leaves, among others.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...