Sunday, August 5, 2018

Cash Ain’t Always King. by Todd Cirillo



She asked me,
“What do you write about?”
In a moment of total honesty,
I told her,
“Booze, broken hearts and blowjobs.”

She exclaimed,
“Oh...I LOVE blowjobs!
and never understand girls
who don’t do them.”

We spoke more,
and were drinking, 
so I knew she liked booze as well.
She said she would like
to get my book sometime.

We finished our drinks
and walked out.

I told her I had a copy
in my truck that 
I could give to her--
she told me 
she didn’t have any cash.

I told her,
“With everything we have in common
I’m sure we can work something out,

after all, I’m not in this just for the money.”




Todd Cirillo is co-founder and editor of Six Ft. Swells Press. His latest book is Burning the Evidence (Epic Rites Press, 2017). He has other books available and has been published in numerous national and international publications. Todd lives in New Orleans, Louisiana and can be found soaking his pirate heart in second lines and smiling under the neons searching for shiny moments. Look him up at Todd Cirillo

Todd Cirillo
Poet Writer Editor Publisher Pirate





"The news is bad today, in America and for America. There is nothing good or hopeful about it--except for Nazis, warmongers, and rich greedheads" HST






1 comment:

  1. Well Todd money also isn't king for me because no women want to be with 50 yards of my existence (or are legally permitted to anyways) so stop showing off your talent!

    ReplyDelete

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...