Sunday, November 25, 2018

Even Meat Can Pray. by Mendes Biondo



it was a press conference
and it was boring
an event about numbers
about poor people
and immigrants
they spoke about numbers
while real lives were starving

behind me a nun
white pure rough dress
a huge pair of mustaches
and a grumpy face
the spanish inquisition in her eyes

I looked at my smart phone
it rang silently

just to let you know I masturbated myself right now
while thinking to you and me having sex
    a message from my woman came in like a cannon shot

the nun behind me seen it
she saw also the wallpaper of my smartphone
a work of art made by a friend of mine
a pair of giant tits swinging happily
the same pair of happy tits the nun never had

I felt her shame on my shoulders
on the back of my head
on my bones
even the air was shaming me for that happiness

at the end of the press conference
her eyes met mine
you're disgusting
she told me with her body
it's my way to pray
I said with my smiling grin





Mendes Biondo is an Italian journalist and author. His works appeared on Visual Verse, I Am Not A Silent Poet, Literary Yard, Angela Topping Hygge Feature,  Indigent A La Carte, The BeZine, Scrittura Magazine, The Song Is, Poetry Pasta and other magazines. He is one of the editors of The Ramingo's Porch along with Marc Pietrzykowski and Catfish McDaris. His first book of poems will be published soon by Pski's Porch Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...