Saturday, January 5, 2019

BECAUSE. by Jay Passer



because I'm catching up on the black bear's 
hibernation

because the curtain leaking in paltry morning
light

because the 6 AM meat truck vibrates with refrigerated
butchery

because I crack my knuckles and toes reading Bulgakov in
bed

because my eyelids are closed to the policies of the alien
overlords

because I stretch out
while the cosmos
cry out in celebratory
fervor

because some half-wit was elected king of the
clowns

because I've got you next to me whispering while immersed in

dream




Jay Passer's work has appeared in print and online since 1988. He is the author of several chapbooks and has appeared in a bunch of anthologies. His latest collection, they lied to me when they said everything would be alright, from Pski's Porch, is available at Amazon. Passer lives and works in San Francisco, the city of his birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...