Sunday, March 31, 2019

Jesus. by John Doyle



I do not like to take the Lord and savior's name in vain
but public transport makes me do so, on occasion.
I would like to speak of Jesus as Curtis Mayfield did in 1975
near Christmas time, and it was Jesus's birthday
and it was mine, and Curtis Mayfield blew us both a kiss
from a Chicago Metro train,
one graced with movement, not stuck here between Hell and Leixlip -
taking our Lord and savior's name in vain, every festive and working occasion.






John Doyle became a Mod again in the summer of 2017 to fight off his impending mid-life crisis; whether this has been a success remains to be seen. He has has two collections published to date, A Stirring at Dusk in 2017, and Songs for Boys Called Wendell Gomez in 2018, both on PSKI's Porch.

He is based in Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland. All he asks is that you leave your guns at the door and tie up your horses before your enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...