Thursday, April 4, 2019

Out of the Blue. By Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal



What has the doctor been smoking?
Out of the blue,
he wants to make an example of me.
I beg to differ with his assessment.
My mind is far from broken.
Sometimes I hear a voice.
It might as well be the wind.
I don't want to spend my time
locked up for no good reason.
If they had a bar in here,
maybe I would stick around.
My thoughts are my own thoughts.
No one in this world has the right
to dissect my pain and anguish.
Why can't they make this place fun?
Open up a bar in this place
and dispense beers instead of pills.
They are even making this place
a non-smoking facility.

What is the world coming to?




Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal, born in Mexico, lives in Southern California, and works in the mental health field 
in Los Angeles. His first book of poems, Raw Materials, was published by Pygmy Forest Press. His other poetry books, broadsides, 
and chapbooks, have been published by Alternating Current Press, Deadbeat Press, Kendra Steiner Editions, New American Imagist, 
New Polish Beat, Poet's Democracy, and Ten Pages Press (e-book). Online  and in print, my poems have appeared in As It Ought To Be, 

Ariel Chart, Blue Collar Review, and Mad Swirl, and The Dope Fiend Daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...