Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Tears in the Night by David Boski

She was a tall, beautiful,
eastern european stripper
and she took a liking to me
and I to her. we were of similar
age and I once took her to my
friends place as he left to go
drive his stripper girlfriend home
and we began making out before
she looked up at me and whispered:
“I think your friend is on the couch.”
sure enough, I turned and looked
and there was another one of our
friends sitting on the couch like a
fucking idiot, and although he
apologized I wasn’t happy at the
time. later I drove her home and
she invited me in and we started
making out again but were interrupted
by her baby crying. I went home
and I jerked off. a few months later
she was pregnant again by some drug
dealer who went by the alias “cash”
and I was grateful my friend sat on that
couch and that her baby cried tears in the
middle of the night, so I wouldn’t have to
for the rest of mine.




David Boski lives in Toronto. His poems have appeared in: The Rye Whiskey Review, The Dope Fiend Daily, Horror Sleaze Trash, Under The Bleachers, Down in the Dirt, Beatnik Cowboy, Winamop, Ramingo’s Porch, Cactifur, North Of Oxford and elsewhere. His chapbook “Fist Fighting and Fornication” is out now and available through Holy&intoxicated Publications. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...