Tuesday, March 10, 2020

DON’T PICK MY BRAIN. By Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal


Don’t pick my brain.
There is nothing 
there. Don’t pick my
bones. I don’t taste 
too good. Don’t pick
a fight with me
because I’ll let
you win. Don’t pick
sides because I
don’t care at all
to be chosen
or pushed away.
Don’t pick my eyes
out vulture. I
will not provide 
a single ounce
of nourishment.





Luis was born in Mexico, lives in California, and works in the mental health 
field in Los Angeles, CA. His poems have appeared in Ariel Chart, Beatnik Cowboy,
Dope Fiend Daily, Unlikely Stories, and Zygote In My Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...