Saturday, October 31, 2020

Night Of The Dwarfs by Rathnar

Tonight the mighty Rathnar keeps the fires burning, awaiting the little demon dwarfs 

Raiding my village demanding treats.

I have sharpened my battle axe.
And drank much mead and feasted upon mushrooms of the magic stew.

I will bathe in their blood and claim many heads to take place upon the pike to please Odin in the morning.

The great serpents minions shall not defeat Rathnar.
Tonight I do battle and will chase these odd mini demons back to abyss where they belong.

Then return to rape the near by villages to restore order.
Thor, guide my axe and let not the evil monsters bring this Viking down.

Tonight I fight and raise my drinking horn to my brothers.

See you in Vallhala  where we shall feast and kill for eternity.

All hail the mighty Rathnar.





Rathnar Kilbane, is the poet laureate of Iceland.
He enjoys raiding villages and pillaging.
His scrolls have been published many places, such as.

The New Yorker, The Old Red Dragon Review, Esquire Magazine, The Dope Fiend Daily, The Ryan Quinn Flanagan Quarterly, and The Modern Viking Spring Catalog.

He was recently nominated for a Pulitzer for his soon to be published scroll from High Times Magazine.




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...