Saturday, April 6, 2019

The Population Boom. By Ian Copestick



Whenever I hear about the population
Of the world, now they always say
7 billion but 30 years ago when I was at school
Then it was always 6. Somehow, when my
Back was turned, another billion just
Sprung up, out of nowhere. Just think of it
So as well as all of the people who have died
In that time, another 1000000000000
Extra have arrived. Someone has been
Having a hell of a lot of sex
Well, it certainly wasn't me !





Ian Lewis Copestick is a 46 year old writer ( I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror, Sleaze, Trash.

1 comment:

BLACKBALLED by Cindy Rosmus

1979 “You see that?” I asked my roommate, Juanita. “Or am I crazy?” As Juanita peered around the dining hall, Katie got closer.   “’Ju...